With iPath Laser™️ Navigation, RoboVac L35 Hybrid/LR30 Hybrid series and LR20 uses advanced LiDAR technology to scan your home and build a real-time map to navigate its way through your space precisely. It also uses a Z-shaped path for more efficient cleaning.
To build a map for the first time:
- Activate RoboVac while it is on the charging base/auto empty station to start cleaning.
- Open the doors of all the rooms that you want RoboVac to clean.
- Clean up objects on the ground that may trap/entangle RoboVac.
- Do not manually move RoboVac during the cleaning process.
- Allow RoboVac to return to the charging base automatically. Do not press the "Recharge" icon in the app or the "Recharge" button on the top panel of RoboVac.
You will see a detailed control page after a map has been created successfully. The following image describes each section of this page on the app:
If your L35 Hybrid/LR30 Hybrid series failed to save a map after completing a full cleaning cycle, please refer to the following steps for troubleshooting:
- If there are multiple floors in your house, please make sure you have enabled the "Multi-Map Saving" feature. This feature is disabled by default, preventing the previous floor map from being deleted when the machine cleans a new floor.
- Remember to move the charging base/auto-empty station to the new floor or cleaning environment when you start to create another new map. If it is inconvenient for you to move the charging base/auto empty station to the new floor, it is suggested to buy an additional charging base/auto empty station.
- RoboVac can save up to 3 valid maps when "Multi-Map Saving" is turned on. They are saved both locally on RoboVac and on the cloud. If the total number of maps exceeds 3 maps, the app will provide you with the option of either replacing the previous map or not saving the current map.
- Check if the position of the RoboVac / Charging Base has been adjusted or the surroundings have changed. RoboVac will try to reposition and remap to match the surroundings. Additionally, please make sure to start RoboVac on its charging base when creating a new map.